Meet the Board of Directors
President: Mark Jilbert (616) 901-9285 or email@example.com
Vice-President: Felix Ybarra (616) 455-0960 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Treasurer: Mark Jilbert (616) 901-9285 or email@example.com
Secretary: Sheila Solomon-Shotwell: firstname.lastname@example.org
Newsletter Editor/Webmaster: Tim Richards (616) 887-6324 or email@example.com
Membership Chair: Tim Richards
Newsletter Circulation: Becky Richards
The mission of the West Michigan Blues Society is to promote and preserve the rich history of blues music as it concerns West Michigan and its impact on American culture and commerce in musical arts and industry.
The West Michigan Blues Society was established in 1990 to:
- Promote blues appreciation by sponsoring concerts, festivals, and community events.
- Cooperate and correspond with other blues oriented groups, locally and around the world, and exchange ideas that will enhance the program locally and nationally.
- Provide an opportunity for blues fans to meet and enjoy the fellowship of others with similar interests.
- Foster greater awareness and love of the blues among the community through teaching and performing blues in schools and other venues.
- The WMBS is a non-stock corporation organized and run by a member-elected Board of Directors.